networking issues

hi,

I have installed FC3T2 on a x86 system in a dhcp network.  I have the
following problems

1.  "ypmatch <system> hosts" returns NIS internal error.  dommainname
command returns the expected domain.
2.  I cannot telnet from another host to this system but I can ssh to
it.  Also, I can telnet to the outside world with no problems.  I
also seem to be missing a important file /usr/sbin/in.telnetd though
I don't know what it does.

Any assistance is greatly appreciated.

thanks,
Min