Mysql version question

Götz Reinicke goetz.reinicke at filmakademie.de
Wed Oct 6 10:49:52 UTC 2004

Hi, I downloaded the files I needed ;-) and did a rpm -ivh

MySQL-shared-compat-4.0.18-0 - for dependencies (e.g. perl, php)
MySQL-server-4.0.21-0
MySQL-client-4.0.21-0

!! I can't remember if I first removed the old mysql 3 rpms rpm -e ...
or  did I do that after installing mysql 4 ... ? As usual: Make Backups
and a test on a different (server) system.

I didn't had to run any scripts or patch something, it runs out of the
box....and is up and running for a couple of month.

regards

götz reinicke

--
Götz Reinicke