Re: Using windows-software under Fedora

H.T. Petter wrote:
A day ago I installed FC2 on an older computer to serve as a
fileserver. Now I have seen Fedora ( linux in general i think) and i
really like it. At least a lot better than WindowsXP. Therefore i
would like to use Fedora on my notebook, but there lies my problem.
This notebook is my "main-computer" which i also have to use for my
education. Is there a possibility to use the following
windows-software in fedora ( And i mean IN Fedora, not keeping windows
in a dual-boot configuration)
Solidworks 2003
Maple 8
Matlab
Mathcad 2001
Or maybe there are general solutions that would work for all software.
And if so, would they also work with games ( like Grand Theft Auto 3,
need for speed etc. )

Harm-Tido

If you do some searching you will find some Linux native programs that will do most of the functions of the above programs. I haven't had a chance to work with the ones I have seen but I do know there are programs that will work with Matlab files. I think the one is Scilab.

http://scilabsoft.inria.fr/

--
Robin Laing