Re: How to mount my parition winXP ?

Message: 1
Date: Tue, 05 Oct 2004 14:30:16 +0100
From: Paul Howarth <paul city-fan org>
Subject: Re: How to mount my parition winXP ?
To: For users of Fedora Core releases <fedora-list redhat com>

Dellacherie Stephane wrote:

I would like to mount my partition windozzze from my linux fedora. WinXP is on hda1 (ntfs system).

What do I have to change ? Do I have to change something in the files /etc/fstab and/or /etc/mtab ?

Thank you for the info !

You will need to install the ntfs kernel module. See http://linux-ntfs.sourceforge.net/rpm/instructions.html

After installing this module you will be able to mount NTFS filesystems in Linux. Mount them read-only; it is not (usually) safe to write to NTFS partitions from Linux.

Paul.

Hello Paul,

Thank you for the info. : it works very well ! :-)

What do you mean when you say "is not (usually) safe" ? Do you mean that I could damage the win system or the linux system by writing a linux file to the win partition or a win file to the linux system ?

Stéph