Re: CD-Writer speed

Chadley Wilson wrote:
Greetings friends

I have a bit of a strange one here, Where in the configs do I set my CD writers capability. I have a new 52X but some thing is limiting it to 8X. Where do you set or configure the driver?

You don't touch the drivers .

The only thing you have to do , if you are using the cdrecord
utility is to specify the speed at the command line .
for example

cdrecord -v speed=8 dev=0,0,0 /root/MakeCd.iso

is the command i have been using for quite some time in order to
write my CDs . Of course the media you are using have to be
able to afford the speed you provide in the command line .