CD-Writer speed

Kostas Sfakiotakis kostassf at cha.forthnet.gr
Wed Oct 6 22:31:17 UTC 2004

Chadley Wilson wrote:
> Greetings friends
>

> I have a bit of a strange one here,
> Where in the configs do I set my CD writers capability.
> I have a new 52X but some thing is limiting it to 8X.
> Where do you set or configure the driver?

You don't touch the drivers .

The only thing you have to do , if you are using the cdrecord
utility is to specify the speed at the command line .
for example

  cdrecord -v  speed=8 dev=0,0,0 /root/MakeCd.iso

is the command i have been using for quite some time in order to
write my CDs . Of course the media you are using have to be
able to afford the speed you provide in the command line .