WinTV-Go and XDMCP

KANE Aaron Aaron.KANE at swift.com
Thu Oct 7 10:07:12 UTC 2004

All,

<snip>

So it is a BT878 based TV card which is working out of the box with
Fedora Core 2. You do not say whether you now get a TV picture using
tvtime or xawtv. If not, did you scan for channels? "xawtv -hwscan" will
list you the card if it can be used. If not, check which modules are
loaded with "lsmod" and very important check your /etc/modprobe.conf.

</snip>

So, I open up TVtime and get a blue screen that reports 'no signal'  I then scan for channels, change my format and scan channels
all without any luck.  xamtv is not installed as part of FC2 (that I can find) so I haven't run that command.  I have been using
TVTime and updating throught the command menu mostly.

The other data requested is below.

Thanks again,

    ~Aaron

[root at localhost akane]# /sbin/lsmod

Module Size Used by

snd_pcm_oss 46201 0

snd_pcm 81733 1 snd_pcm_oss

snd_page_alloc 12233 1 snd_pcm

snd_timer 25157 1 snd_pcm

nfs 161917 1

lockd 53513 2 nfs

tuner 20697 0

bttv 139725 0

video_buf 20293 1 bttv

i2c_algo_bit 11337 1 bttv

v4l2_common 8897 1 bttv

btcx_risc 7625 1 bttv

i2c_core 21185 3 tuner,bttv,i2c_algo_bit

videodev 10944 1 bttv

sr_mod 17509 0

snd_mixer_oss 17985 1 snd_pcm_oss

snd 47397 4 snd_pcm_oss,snd_pcm,snd_timer,snd_mixer_oss

soundcore 10785 1 snd

parport_pc 24577 1

lp 12461 0

parport 36489 2 parport_pc,lp

autofs4 20165 1

sunrpc 128805 5 nfs,lockd

3c59x 36201 0

ipt_REJECT 8897 0

ipt_state 5569 0

ip_conntrack 30929 1 ipt_state

iptable_filter 6209 1

ip_tables 18497 3 ipt_REJECT,ipt_state,iptable_filter

microcode 10209 0

dm_mod 49477 0

joydev 11009 0

uhci_hcd 30553 0

radeon 114245 2

md5 7745 1

ipv6 233701 14

ext3 99497 2

jbd 58457 1 ext3

aic7xxx 145145 3

sd_mod 20801 4

scsi_mod 102025 3 sr_mod,aic7xxx,sd_mod

[root at localhost akane]# cat /etc/modprobe.conf

alias eth0 3c59x

alias scsi_hostadapter aic7xxx

alias char-major-81 bttv

alias usb-controller uhci-hcd