No login prompt from nautilus for a Windows share...

Andrea Giuliano a.giuliano at iccu.sbn.it
Thu Oct 7 10:26:13 UTC 2004

Dear all,

here is the problem: when I browse a Windows network with nautilus, and
try to access a host on which I'm registered as a user, I never get the
usual login prompt. I just get the following messages in a dialog:

   The folder contents could not be displayed.
   You do not have the permissions necessary to view the contents of
   "Windows Network: host-name".

(here host-name is just a placeholder). The only case in which I get the
login prompt is when I access my own share, which is not very interesting...

Any hints?

Best regards.

--
Andrea Giuliano, Ph. D.
ICCU - Istituto Centrale per il Catalogo Unico