No login prompt from nautilus for a Windows share...

Dear all,

here is the problem: when I browse a Windows network with nautilus, and try to access a host on which I'm registered as a user, I never get the usual login prompt. I just get the following messages in a dialog:

  The folder contents could not be displayed.
  You do not have the permissions necessary to view the contents of
  "Windows Network: host-name".

(here host-name is just a placeholder). The only case in which I get the login prompt is when I access my own share, which is not very interesting...

Any hints?

Best regards.

--
Andrea Giuliano, Ph. D.
ICCU - Istituto Centrale per il Catalogo Unico