What Next

Scot L. Harris webid at cfl.rr.com
Thu Oct 7 15:09:11 UTC 2004

On Thu, 2004-10-07 at 11:02, Don Cavaiani wrote:
> I have downloaded the 4 large CD images to my PC hard drive (XP).  I also
> have a copy of UltraISO which is able to display the actual files under the
> CD Image files.  I know I need to create some kind of a Boot CD or Floppy,
> but I have not found a clear explanation yet.  I expect that if I can boot
> into Linux, then I will need to use "parted" to create a small FAT32
> partition, and the Linux partition ........and then load the entire Linux
> O/S ???

You need to burn the 4 CDs to media.  The first one will be bootable.
Once you boot using the first CD it will walk you through the install
process.

If you are going to dual boot your system please spend some time
searching the list and the other linux web sites on how to do this
correctly so you don't run into problems.

--
Scot L. Harris
webid at cfl.rr.com

We have seen the light at the end of the tunnel, and it's out.