RE: Fstab setup [SOLVED]

On Thu, 2004-10-07 at 14:53, Williams, David wrote:
> That worked really well..  Thanks!

> You need to use the credentials=pathtofile/file in the fstab options.
>
> Then in the file you entries like:
>
> username=user
> password=verysecurepassword
>
> The file I used was .smbpw down in my home directory with readonly
> permissions for the owner.
>
> I used a full path such as /home/user/.smbpw in the credentials line.

That is good to hear.  This keeps your password from showing up in fstab
however the password is probably passed in the clear over the network.
I am not sure about that but you may want to check it out if you are
worried about someone sniffing the network for such passwords.

--
Scot L. Harris
webid cfl rr com

A consultant is a person who borrows your watch, tells you what time it
is, pockets the watch, and sends you a bill for it.