cant mount drive

Filippos Klironomos PresarioD at gmail.com
Thu Oct 7 21:24:37 UTC 2004

> What could be causing it to suddenly not be able to mount it.  I tried
> to unmount and that gave me the same error as above, even tried
> rebooting same thing, root gives me the same output as well.

Alright do the usual:

cat /etc/fstab
cat /etc/mtab
ls -l /dev/hdc

and see if you have 'automount' enabled for the device. If you do
disable it and see if that's causing you the problem. Remember you
can't burn on the CD if it is mounted (at least not yet). You have to
have the CD unmounted in order to be accessed as a raw data device.