Newbie question

Paul Howarth paul at city-fan.org
Fri Oct 8 12:34:49 UTC 2004

Livhu Tshisikule wrote:
> Paul,
>
> Sorry I made the changes to grub.conf but nothing happens. I think I am using
> lilo
>
> I made some changes to lilo.conf but nothing happens:
> prompt
> timeout=50
> default=linux
> boot=/dev/hda
> map=/boot/map
> install=/boot/boot.b
> message=/boot/message
> lba32
>
> image=/boot/fc2-vmlinuz
>         label=Fedora
>         initrd=/boot/fc2-initrd.img
>         append="ramdisk_size=8192 text"
>
> Thanks
> LT

LILO, unlike grub, needs to be installed properly after configuration file
changes. You appear to have replaced your existing boot entry with the Fedora
one; I'd suggest leaving the existing entry there (with the Fedora entry as an
addition) until after you've installed Fedora successfully. When you've got
both entries in your lilo.conf file, run "lilo -v -v" (I think - it's been a
while since I used LILO) to set up lilo. You should then be able to enter
"Fedora" at the LILO prompt to boot into the installer.

Paul.