How to get Tomcat listen to port 8080 ?

Yang Xiao yxiao2004 at gmail.com
Fri Oct 8 13:38:36 UTC 2004

On Fri, 8 Oct 2004 13:33:00 +0100 (BST), Hairysocks
<hairysocks at yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
> By default it should listen to 8080 - the place to set it is in
> TOMCAT_DIR/conf/server.xml
>

> --- hicham <hichamlinux at yahoo.fr> wrote:
> > Hello
> >  How to get Tomcat listen to port 8080 ?
> >  I know this have been asked before, but couldn't find
> > it in the archives,
> >
> >  Thanks

This should be posted to tomcat users mailling list instead of here.
But under FC2, is you are using the packaged Tomcat, the server.xml
file is under /etc/tomcat
uncomment the section under where is says
<!-- Define a non-SSL Coyote HTTP/1.1 Connector on port 8080 -->

Yang