cant mount drive

Filippos Klironomos PresarioD at gmail.com
Fri Oct 8 22:25:34 UTC 2004

> > > scsibus0:
> > >         0,0,0     0) 'Generic ' 'STORAGE DEVICE  ' '1.00' Removable Disk
> > >

> AOPEN CD-RW CRW5232 1.03 20031013

I would say here is your problem. Those two should be the same.
'cdrecord' should report your CD model name in 'scsibus'. Instead it
reports some generic storage device.

Are you able to mount any CD that has something burnt to it and see it?

Try to generate some cdrom activity (so all the proper modules load
up) and then do:

/sbin/lsmod

and post the results. Then do a:

cat /boot/grub/grub.conf

and post the results. That way I'll see what kernel you are booting on
and what kernel parameters you are passing.

Also, last thing, do a:

cat /etc/modprobe.conf

and post the results as well. Hopefully we will get to the bottom of this...