Re: OT (ish): How to copy hidden files/directories

On lör, 2004-10-09 at 17:47 +1000, CB wrote:
> I can't figure out how to do this: copy (or move) all the hidden files
> and directories contained in one directory to another directory.
>
> Is it as embarrasingly simple as I imagine it must be?

In a terminal, just do:
cp -rf .directory /destination.
I cant tell if all the arguments to cp is needed, i have always done it
this way.
In Gnome, chose to show hidden files in the view-menu, then copy as you
do with all files.

--
Kent Nyberg <nyberg kent spray se>