Re: OT (ish): How to copy hidden files/directories

On Sat, 2004-10-09 at 03:47, CB wrote:
> I can't figure out how to do this: copy (or move) all the hidden files
> and directories contained in one directory to another directory.
>
> Is it as embarrasingly simple as I imagine it must be?

cp .* /newdirectory

That will copy all hidden files (files that start with .) to a new
directory.

You can combine that with other options of cp.  Check the man for cp
page for those.

--
Scot L. Harris
webid cfl rr com

"It runs like _x, where _x is something unsavory"
		-- Prof. Romas Aleliunas, CS 435