Application Deployment

Brian Fahrlander brian at fahrlander.net
Sat Oct 9 11:28:29 UTC 2004

On Fri, 2004-10-08 at 23:53, Rajiv wrote:
> Dear All,
>     Is there any software available for application deployment- both
> linux and windows. I would like to install packages from master to all
> the clients.

    Well, if you have a large number of clients, you'll probably want to
maintain a mirror of other repos; a simple:

    ssh root at targetbox "yum install application-name"

    would do that.  But it might depend on your applications. Things
like games and the like require a CD to be read, but if it's something
in an RPM, the line above, run once for each client, would do that for
you.

    What kinda application are we talking about?

Brian Fahrländer                  Christian, Conservative, and Technomad
Evansville, IN                                 http://www.fahrlander.net
ICQ 5119262
AIM: WheelDweller