Re: MAC adress in Fedora

Hi,

Welcome to Linux world. :-)

btw. I also found the MAC in System Tools > Hardware Browser > Network Devices
(like I said, i'm a complete newbie, i only know windows. Graphics are
your friend :-) )

I don't agree with you. GUI depends which desktop you are using (KDE, GNOME, XFce, WindowMaker, TWM, etc... ). So I think that it's important to learn Linux based on common and generic tools. The reason is simple: they will work on almost every linux box without care about what is the desktop the other users are using. For example, your solution doesn't work on my computer because, probally, we are using different desktops.

A very good thing that I learn when I left Windows is "the terminal is really your best friend". :-)

Finally, enjoy the freedom!

Eustáchio

On Tue, 05 Oct 2004 10:53:16 +0200, Andrea Giuliano