Updating From FC1 to FC2 (or 3)

ne... akabi at speakeasy.net
Sat Oct 9 13:09:45 UTC 2004

On Oct 9, 2004 at 08:55, Wayne Spivak in a soothing rage wrote:

>I'm sure this question has been answered, by I haven't found it in the
>archives (yes I looked).
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com and http://news.gmane.org are great
places to start searching from. Not sure what you used.

>I've been out of the loop, and found that Core 1 is now Core 3.
No FC1 is still FC1 and GC3 is still a short while away.

>How do I (or what is the best way) to update Core 1 to at least Core 2.
>I've done nothing special to this box, with the exception of adding Mailman.
Backup. Backup. Backup. All the stuff you think you need and do not
need backup. Then do an install leaving your /home partition alone.
Restore the stuff you need Adjust your conf. files as necessary. This
is what I use and it works for me. YMMV

HTH
N.Emile...
Thousands of days of civilians ... have produced a ... feeling for the
aesthetic modules --
09:02:38  up 103 days,  2:17,  4 users,  load average: 0.00, 0.02, 0.03