forcing a specific IP

Hi group

I have several PCs behind router which deliver each computer a specific IP. I want the Linux PC to use a pre-determined IP instead of getting what the router delivers. The reason for that is the need to set port forwarding in the router – which is IP dependent.

I know how to do it in XP – but I have no idea how to force the Linux (Fedora core 2).

How do I do that?

Thanks

Yigal