Re: text vs html posts on this list...

On Thu, Oct 07, 2004 at 09:48:28AM -0500, Carlos Davila wrote:
> I remember being irritated at receiving html
> emails when I was an "elm" user in the mid 90's...and my initial
> response was that this should not be a problem in 2004; however, those
> who choose to use command line email readers (or even ascii terminals or
> teletypes) should be respected for making that choice.

If you look at the monthly mailing list stats (posted not too long
ago), you'll notice quite a few people still use text mode mail
readers. I think mutt is in the top 4. Personally I think it makes my
life easier to just deal with text. I don't care about fonts or
background colors or smileys or graphics. Just give me the facts.