Re: cant mount drive

Jeff Vian wrote:

<snip>

I use gnome and nautilus gives the problem noted above.  Does KDE do the
same?

<snip>
(This is the problem of an application auto-hijacking a cd drive which is especially annoying when you're trying to burn a CD or DVD.)

Yes, KDE also has that "feature". To fix it AND keep KDE happy, I:
# mv /usr/bin/autorun /usr/bin/WAS_autorun
# touch /usr/bin/autorun
# chmod 755 /usr/bin/autorun
# echo "#!/bin/bash" > /usr/bin/autorun

Actually, I also edit the new /usr/bin/autorun and add comments about
what I did and why.... and I wouldn't be too surprised if there was a reference to the ancestry of the person who invented auto*.
If you don't create the dummy script, KDE will bitch when it's started.

-- Current Time is Sat Oct 9 15:58:24 CDT 2004 Kerry Bury begins in 2044896 seconds... Go, Dubya, Go!