Problems with Dovecot

I have setup a new fc2 server for a client with about 70 email accounts. I am now getting widespread issues with people being unable to pickup mail using OutLook 2003. I have users with hundreds old messages building up and not able to retrieve them. I don’t have this issue with any other boxes I have running mandrake or gentoo. Please, any suggestions? This is mission critical and I need to know why such a simple service will not operate.

Robert