Dovecot Issue Clarified

Robert Trembath robert at lanstar.com
Sun Oct 10 16:53:41 UTC 2004

Here's the skinny,

Put the server up about a week ago, everyone can authenticate and pickup
mail. IMAP and POP3 are configured. I have set these up before and had no
issues. New mail is arriving and I can use webmin to examine user mailboxes.
On some mailboxes, say 10 of the 70 I setup, the user cannot download new
mail via pop3 using Outlook 2003, even though there are hundreds of
messages. If I use Mozilla, there is no issue. Outlook does not even return
an error message. It just acts as if there is no new mail.

Does anyone know how to correct this as I am trying to make some shifts in
this company from MS to Fedora and if I don't get this fixed quickly, their
first impression won't be a good one like I would like it to be. I run a RH
9 server in this exact setup without issue for 2 years, but the FC2 release
is the first time I've seen this.

Thanks in advance,
Robert