Software RAID Mirror Problem

Good afternoon all.  I have a question about a broken
software RAID mirror.  I had a two disk mirror of my
boot drive that has / /boot /usr and /var on it.  The
disks are IDE.  I lost the primary drive in the
mirror, but can still mount the secondary drive if I
boot from CD.  If I make the secondary drive primary
and try to boot it, it says "Error Loading OS"  Is
there any way to boot from the secondary drive and
recreate the mirror with a new disk?  Thanks...

Chris