basic installation problem

Jim Cornette fc-cornette at sbcglobal.net
Sun Oct 10 18:22:45 UTC 2004

joshua neff wrote:
> Okay, so I'm attempting to burn new CDs the right way.
> Now, I apologuze if this sounds stupid, but, does this
> seem right?: Using RH9's Nautilus, a window
> automatically opens up for the blank CD, labelled
> "burn:///"; I clicked and dragged the first disc iso
> over into the "burn" window; do I now click on "Write
> CD" and on "Target to write to" I click on "File
> Image"? I'm not seeing any other way to "create CD
> from image."
>
> Again, I apologize if this sounds really ignorant.

Usually you would want to use nautilus to navigate to the location of
your iso files. Then you would choose write to CD and nautilus-cd-burner
should burn you a copy of the desired filesystem.

I usually close down the popup blank window and just navigate to the
isos myself. I don't know what would happen if you dragged the iso to
the burn window, then clicked write to CD. It might work, though
probably not a step that is needed.

Jim