basic installation problem

Jeff Vian jvian10 at charter.net
Mon Oct 11 00:42:02 UTC 2004

On Sun, 2004-10-10 at 14:47, joshua neff wrote:
> Arg! I tried again, this time using gtoaster. I
> couldn't find anyway to specify the right way for the
> iso files to be written. I clicked on "record to cd"
> and it burned the CD--and again it just shows up as 1
> iso file. I tried right-clicking on the disc 1 iso
> file in the folder it's in (my home folder), but
> there's no option I can find for "burn to CD."
>
> Maybe I should just shell out the $50 for one of the
> Fedora Core books, because it looks as if I can't
> write the bloody iso files to the CD the right way.
>
> Unless...someone mentioned using "cdrecord" in the
> terminal. If that's possible, could someone please
> tell me exactly what to type if I want to burn the
> disc 1 iso files from my home folder to a CD?
>
> --- Jim Cornette <fc-cornette at sbcglobal.net> wrote:

1.  su to root (# su - )
2.  launch k3b  (# k3b )
3.  from the menu select tools -> CD -> burn cd image
4.  navigate to the location of the image and tell it to burn.

alternatively use cdrecord (again as root )
# cdrecord -eject speed=X driveropts=burnfree dev=/dev/cdrom image.iso
where X is the speed you want to use for burning

Either way should get you a filesystem instead of an iso image on the
CD.