what is this fluxbox addition called?

Mon Oct 11 01:20:10 UTC 2004

On Sun, 2004-10-10 at 19:47, W. Guy Thomas wrote:
> On Sun, 2004-10-10 at 19:19, Marc Schwartz wrote:

> > > I can never get any headers from fedora.us, but I'm sure I can find it
> > > somewhere else.
> > > I forgot about the no-header thing til just now. I always get a 404 at
> > > fedora.us when it looks for headers.
> > >
> > > Thanks!
> > >
> > > =G
> >
> > GKrellM is a standard part of the distro. Has been since the RH
> > releases.
> >
> > If you are using GNOME, it is under "System Tools" -> "GKrellM System
> > Monitor"
> >
> > HTH,
> >
> > Marc Schwartz
> >

> using fluxbox instead of gnome...gotta stripped down little laptop
> here...but the gnome stuff can still be called from flux.
> lemme check that out.
>
> thanks.
>
> =G

I don't use GNOME either, I use Xfce (CVS version at the moment). Not
because I have a stripped down laptop (I have a Dell 5150 with a 3.2 Ghz
P4 and 2 Gb RAM), but because I like it and I do notice better
performance even on this hardware.

I used to use GKrellM (back under RH 8.0), but found it problematic as
it was always covered by apps when I wanted to see some metric. I am
also a fan of Forbidden Planet...  :-)

I moved to using gnome-panel applets and now with Xfce, use various Xfce
panel goodies, which provide the same info and are always visible
without using more screen real estate.

Enjoy.

Marc