Re: Floppy Install

Dean Maluski wrote:
Is it possible to boot from floppies for a CDROM install?
I cannot find images on CD small enough and for some reason my machine
won't boot from CD. It does PXE boot but trying to eliminate the work of
setting a boot server up.

You should be able to setup the boot device sequence in the BIOS. By default it is usually set as follows:

floppy
HD
CDROM

Change it to be:

floppy
CDROM
HD

This will allow it to find the boot image on the CDROM before the HD.

Mike
--
Usenix member  http://www.usenix.org
Sage member    http://www.sage.org