cant mount drive

Gene Heskett gene.heskett at verizon.net
Mon Oct 11 07:15:53 UTC 2004

On Monday 11 October 2004 02:44, Thornton wrote:
>On Sun, 2004-10-10 at 23:36, ZHANG YD wrote:
>> sorry for that typo, if you want to try again, try
>> this
>>

>> mount -t iso9660 -o noauto,owner,kudzu,ro /dev/cdrom
>> /mnt/cdrom
>
>that worked. is my entry under fstab wrong then? as now i have a cd
>loaded i need to be able to burn to it so the k3b needs to be able
> to mount it.

I should probably beware of carrying coals to Newcastle here, but k3b
doesn't mount an unwritten cd in the normal manner.  Generally, only
written cd's should be mounted.

>here is what i have in fstab
>
>/dev/cdrom              /mnt/cdrom
>udf,iso9660,noauto,owner,kudzu,ro 0 0
>
>is something w/ that wrong or is there somewhere else loading it
> wrong?
>
>Thanks a lot! This is progress.

Since the apparent difference is the 'udf' in your fstab line, might
that be the problem?

My own line in fstab is:

/dev/hdc        /mnt/cdrom      auto    noauto,user,exec        0 0

and it mounts by hand, or from an xwindow (kde) icon just fine,
advising me that the medium is read-only and is being mounted that
way.  Humm, I *do* have a /dev/cdrom so I suppose I should change
that, no?

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)