Wireless

Dominick Mandato mrchikonky at hotmail.com
Mon Oct 11 16:15:07 UTC 2004

I'm a newbie and I'm probably doing something wrong but here's my problem.
My system is a laptop, Dell Inspiron 2650 w/Intel P-4 M 1.8Ghz, 384MB Ram
and an Nvidia Geforce 2 go video card with 16MB of Video Ram.  My internal
Ethernet card was burnt in a lightning storm so now I am using my WiFi card
which is a Linksys WPC11 Ver 4.  I have already downloaded (Under WXP) and
installed FC2, I did an upgrade and it worked fine except that for some
reason it hangs up once in a while trying to recognize my keyboard!  Anyway,
I downloaded the Wlan-ng tar ball and I can't get it to work.  I ran the
./Configure program, it asks me the questions about the prism drivers and I
answer then appropriately but when it tries to find the Kernel in the
default directory of /usr/src/Linux, my Kernel is not there!  I have found
the vmlinuz in the /boot directory, I executed the program again and it
seemed like it was going to work but then it stopped on the pcmcia_cs saying
that it couldn't find the pcmcia services directory!  Can any of you point
me in the right direction to get this card working, I've been burning my
brain for 4 days now and I'm getting no were!  Perhaps I didn't install
Linux correctly, I upgraded from RH9 and used the laptop installation.
Also, as I see the services loading at startup I can see my pcmcia slot
recognized as a YENTA socket so the pcmcia services must be working
somewere!  I would like to get online with Linux before the new year, if
someone could help me out I would greatly appreciate it.

Thank you!