getting tv card to work in FC2

Gordon Campbell gordy66 at ntlworld.com
Mon Oct 11 16:28:24 UTC 2004

Hi All,

As I am trying to migrate over to Linux from Windows I have been trying
to get the WinTV PCI Nova card to work. The card comes up as a saa7146
but when I run TVTime I get this error:

root at localhost wizzy]# tvtime &
[1] 3088
[root at localhost wizzy]# Running tvtime 0.9.12.
Reading configuration from /etc/tvtime/tvtime.xml
I/O warning : failed to load external entity "/root/.tvtime/tvtime.xml"
videoinput: Cannot open capture device /dev/video0: No such device or
address
I/O warning : failed to load external entity
"/root/.tvtime/stationlist.xml"
station: No station file found, creating a new one.
Thank you for using tvtime.

Any help would be very greatful..

Gordon