Help w/ Linksy WPC11 v4

Lloyd Hayes lloyd545220-trucker at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 11 16:46:46 UTC 2004

I bought the Linksys WPC11 v4 802.11b card because it was supported to
be supported  by Linux. I've found the driver, which is the RealTek 8139
driver.  But this card has directions saying that it only works with the
2.4 kernel of Linux. Realtek 8129 driver comes with FC2, but does seem
to connect with this card.

I haven't gotten the sound to work yet with FC2, but the light on the
card comes on when it is plugged in.

Any ideas?

I have the source code for the 8139 driver under the 2.4 kernel. Will
compiling it under the 2.6 kernel work?

(Yes, I'm a real newbie to anything Linux.)

--

Lloyd Hayes

Email: lloyd545220-trucker at yahoo.com
E-FAX Number: (208) 248-6590