Re: how to run window .exe files in FC1!

------------------------------ Message: 4 Date: Sat, 09 Oct 2004 10:59:04 +0100 From: Paul <paul all-the-johnsons co uk> Subject: Re: how to run window .exe files in FC1! To: For users of Fedora Core releases <fedora-list redhat com> Message-ID: <1097315944 29795 19 camel localhost localdomain> Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii" Hi,
>    I have mounted the cdrom in FC1 and want to install some setup file
> such as games or other tools. But I found that I can't run the .exe
> files. I am the freshman of linux.So pls give some advice about
> it!

Linux is not Windows. Unless you're using something like win4lin or
wine/wine derivative the software won't run.

End of story.

TTFN

Paul

Select your .exe file, then select  'Open With "Wine"'
If you don't have Wine on your system, it can be downloaded for any UNIX type system.
I'm a newbie. too. But there are lots of small special programs that people use daily which are MS Windows Only type programs.  I'm a truck driver and own a small trucking company. I use a log program that only runs under Windows. Programs don't always run exactly right under Wine. The labels that go over the buttons in this log program are usually off to the side, but otherwise the program works fine.

Lloyd Hayes

Email: lloyd545220-trucker yahoo com
E-FAX Number: (208) 248-6590