machine don't halt!

James Wilkinson james at westexe.demon.co.uk
Mon Oct 11 19:45:37 UTC 2004

Erico Augusto wrote:
> I've a machine that don't halt. Firstly i thougth that was a ACPI
> problem.But it isn't. Now, I suppose that there is some problem with
> NFS.

How are you trying to halt it? With the halt command? Some time back,
the functionality was changed: try poweroff.

(Otherwise, like the other respondents have said, tell us more about how
you're trying to halt the machine and why you think it isn't halting).

James.

--
E-mail address: james | The sendmail configuration file is one of those
@westexe.demon.co.uk  | files that looks like someone beat their head on