hardware space size error

H. Streit hstreit at swri.edu
Mon Oct 11 21:34:58 UTC 2004

Hm, by "convert" you mean you deleted the partition and created a new
one, then ran mke2fs, right? (by the way, if you don't have a specific
reason for running ext3, I wouldn't.  ReiserFS is a godsend for large
partitions.  A fsck takes a few seconds.  Beautiful)
I'd run fdisk /dev/hdb and take a look at the partition table.  You
may have some free space (be careful w/ fdisk, if your cat jumps on
the KB, you could lose your whole drive...trust me on the cat)