Re: cant mount drive

> But when I tried to then burn using k3b I get this error again:
>
> Error trying to open /dev/hdc exclusively ... retrying in 1 second.
> Error trying to open /dev/hdc exclusively ... retrying in 1 second.

You see you omitted the most important part which is how do you try to
burn with k3b? Are you running the command as root from the terminal
or are you clicking on the icon? In the latter case k3b will not run
with root privileges (unless installed suid) so it won't be able to do
exactly what the error message shows.

But if you run it as root from the terminal it should work! So which on was it?

F:-)