Bounces and spammers (was: text vs html posts on this list...)

T. Ribbrock emgaron at gmx.net
Tue Oct 12 07:50:19 UTC 2004

On Sat, Oct 09, 2004 at 07:21:02PM -0700, Mike Noble wrote:
> Spammers also use html mail and if you send a reply then all
> you have done is let them know they have found a real person
> and you will start getting a bunch more spam.
[...]

You know, I'm wondering whether that is still that much of a problem
these days. Automated bounces will go to the "From" address - and I
haven't seen spam with a valid-looking "From" in *ages*, i.e. the great
majority of spammers will never get to see the bounce, anyway...

Cheerio,

Thomas
--
===> Netiquette - read it, use it: http://www.faqs.org/rfcs/rfc1855.html <===