cant mount drive

Filippos Klironomos PresarioD at gmail.com
Tue Oct 12 12:13:59 UTC 2004

> i've tried both and get the same message. prior to this just clicking on
> k3b did work fine before.

So we have to start digging! What is your kernel version? Do a 'uname
-a' and post. Then post the contents of /proc/ide/hdX where X is the
letter associated with /dev/cdrom. The do a

/sbin/lsmod

and post the results after you instert a valid cd (with iso9660
filesystem that is) and try to mount it. By the output we will know
what your kernel thinks about your cd drive and what modules are
actually managing it.

This is the third post that I count this month that has some sort of
CD related problems... hmmm...