Serial Port Monitoring

Neil Marjoram n.marjoram at adastral.ucl.ac.uk
Tue Oct 12 14:57:03 UTC 2004

Has anyone got any software that can monitor all data  from a serial
port?

I have looked around and found a couple of projects, but I can't find
anything that can time stamp the data as well as log it.

I am currently looking at slsnif-0.4.3, which seems to be able to do it
only I am getting an error :

Serial Line Sniffer. Version 0.4.3
        Copyright (C) 2001 Yan Gurtovoy (ymg at dakotacom.net)

Failed to open a pty: No such file or directory

Can anyone tell me what this may be?

I am in a race with an MS system to deliver the output - the project
found the Winblows box to be unreliable (funny that!), and big mouth
here said why don't you use a proper system!

Thanks,

Neil.

--
Neil Marjoram.