OT: .mov to .wav converter

Trevor Smith trevor at haligonian.com
Tue Oct 12 17:20:07 UTC 2004

On October 12, 2004 1:42 pm, Anthony J Placilla wrote:
> On Tue, 2004-10-12 at 11:55, WipeOut wrote:
> > I am running FC1 and am looking for an app or util that will allow me to
> > convert a few .mov audio files to .wav (or .mp3) audio files..
>
> man mplayer
>
> specifically the --dumpaudio option

I have a quicktime video that I've wanted to get the audio portion out of for
3 years now and thought I'd try your suggestion, but it appears to have no
effect. No ./stream.dump file was written, as the man page alleges.

Any ideas? Maybe the ./ doesn't mean the directory that I and the file I'm
playing are in? Maybe it just doesn't work on .mov video+audio files?

Trevor Smith // trevor at haligonian.com