Re: pcmcia-cs latest update "bad file descriptor" error

Ed Hill wrote:
On Tue, 2004-10-12 at 14:40, Dexter Ang wrote:

Would like to note that the latest pcmcia-cs update causes an error
when starting up /etc/rc.d/init.d/pcmcia.

error is something like:

cardmgr open_sock (socket 2): Bad file descriptor

downgraded to older pcmcia-cs and there is no error. although it seems
there isn't anything wrong with pcmcia operation as i've tested both
slots. or it maybe a fluke with my testing.

Hi Dex,

I'm seeing the exact same thing on my ThinkPad.  If you create a
bugzilla entry for it, I'll add a "me too" confirmation.

Ed

No problem on my Dell Inspiron 8100 with a LinkSys EtherFast 10/100+56K Modem PC Card.

Rod