Sendmail Question

Alexander Dalloz alexander.dalloz at uni-bielefeld.de
Tue Oct 12 20:38:40 UTC 2004

Am Di, den 12.10.2004 schrieb Chris Logan um 22:22:

> >Change /usr/lib/sasl2/Sendmail.conf to contain something like:

> >pwcheck_method: auxprop

> Well I fooled myself its not working had a linux user account with the
> same name and it was using it. I have chmod 600 sasldb2 and sasldb I
> don't know which one its using I had a Sendmail.conf in /etc/sasl2/ but
> I also put one in /etc/sasl/ both with
> "pwcheck_method: saslauthd"

It is "/usr/lib/sasl2/Sendmail.conf" and _nothing else_!
And the sasldb created and filled by using "saslpasswd2" is /etc/sasldb2
- _not_ /etc/sasldb, which would be valid for SASL version 1.

> did both saslpasswd and saslpasswd2

saslpasswd fills /etc/sasldb, but this db is not queried.

> It acts like sendmail isn't reading either of them do I have to add
> something to the sendmail.mc

Of course SMTP AUTH has to be enabled in the /etc/mail/sendmail.mc. This
is obvious, disregarding whether to use saslauthd or auxprop as
pwcheck_method. So be sure you have in sendmailmc. active:

define(`confAUTH_OPTIONS', `A')dnl
TRUST_AUTH_MECH(`EXTERNAL DIGEST-MD5 CRAM-MD5 LOGIN PLAIN')dnl
define(`confAUTH_MECHANISMS', `EXTERNAL GSSAPI DIGEST-MD5 CRAM-MD5 LOGIN
PLAIN')dnl

If you had to change anything, then be sure you have sendmail-cf rpm
installed and run "service sendmail restart".

Alexander

Fedora GNU/Linux Core 2 (Tettnang) kernel 2.6.8-1.521smp
Serendipity 22:33:05 up 13 days, 59 users, load average: 1.29, 1.43,
1.33