cant mount drive

Filippos Klironomos PresarioD at gmail.com
Tue Oct 12 22:51:22 UTC 2004

> udf                    79429  0

Here is the udf module.

> sg                     28513  0
> sd_mod                 17473  0
> usb_storage            58121  0
> scsi_mod              105360  3 sg,sd_mod,usb_storage

This is alot similar to another post about  problems with cd writing.
Is this an external CD drive? You see scsi_mod has taken over and
'sd_mod' instead of 'sr_mod' which is for a CD. What this means
according to my humble opinion is that the kernel thinks you external
usb CD drive is a SCSI storage device.

So do a

cat /proc/ide/hdc/* > hdc.info

and post the contents of 'hdc.info'.

This is similar to other posts having problems with external CD
drives. The only thing that I can think of  right now is try to
prevent 'scsi_mod' from taking over 'hdc' by adding to your
'/etc/modprobe.conf''

options scsi_mod ignore=hdc

and see what happens. But before you do that, post the results of the
cat command for /proc/ide/hdc/ to see what your kernel thinks about
'hdc'.