Re: cant mount drive

> ls -l /dev/cdrom
> lrwxrwxrwx  1 root root 8 Jun 17 22:10 /dev/cdrom -> /dev/hdc

Wow! This is turning into a looooong thread! So let's see I went back
into the beginning of the thread and reread everything. Here is the
sum:

You have an internal CDRW (AOPEN CD-RW CRW5232 1.03 20031013)
that is recognized by the kernel (that is good news) that when you
mount valid CDs on it they mount no problem (since in earlier posts
you fixed the little typo in your /etc/fstab).

The only problem is that when you try to burn things with 'cdrecord'
you can't get exclusive access on the drive even though you are using
k3b or cdrecord as root.

cdrecord -scanbus dev=ATAPI

recognizes your CDRW correctly but still you can't get exclusive access on it.

So the only thing that I have in mind is try to remove your CF Card
Reader and then run

/sbin/lsmod

and post the results. Afterwards try to put an empty or CDRW cd in
your CD drive and give something like say

cdrecord -v gracetime=2 dev=ATAPI:0,0,0 -dao -data <some file here>

and see what happens. Does it work now?