Samsung 910T monitor setup during installation

Uttiya Chowdhury chowdhury_uttiya at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 13 04:37:37 UTC 2004

> Hi,
>
>  I'm trying to install FC2. I notice that my
> monitor, a Samsung MultiSync 910T, is not on the
> large list of supported monitors. There was a few
> Samsung 910's listed so I tried each one including
> typing in the horizontal and vertical sync rates
> when asked. After installation and the reboot all I
> get is a noise pattern on the screen and the machine
> hangs.

Two problems here... a) clock mismatch giving
noise pattern, b) system hangs. Before I say further,
are you sure it hangs? Can you press ctrl-alt-F1 to
go to the text mode login prompt and login?

If you can login, you can edit /etc/X11/xorg.conf
or /etc/X11/XF86Config and set the clocks in the
file. You can kill the x-server and force it to
restart by pressing ctrl-alt-backspace when in
X mode.

=====
উত্তীয় চৌধুরী Uttiya Chowdhury