Re: What is meaning of this code: chomd +x mydate

root wrote:
Hi,
   I want to edit a shell shript file which name is mydate. But How can
I run this shell shript file. Someone told me to use "chomd +x mydate",
but what meaning it is  and where I should use!
Thanks a lot!

Be careful of the misspelling -- the command you are looking for is

chmod +x mydate
(not chomd)

Others have already talked about what chmod does and where to find more information about its use, but I just wanted to be sure you caught the spelling needed!

Hope this helps,
Clint