Xmms does not support MP3?

Andrey Andreev andreev at cs.helsinki.fi
Wed Oct 13 11:38:57 UTC 2004

Rodolfo Alcazar wrote:
> Hi. This morning xmms update surprised me, xmms does not support mp3
> anymore. I like xmms. Is there any plugin for mp3 playing in xmms? Or is
> there any mp3 player which rensembles winamp? Thanks everybody. Virtual
> chocolates for all.

Hi,

First, please don't hijack threads. If you have a new question, do not
reply to an unrelated message, but write a new one addressed to
fedora-list at redhat.com

Now to your problem - you need to install the xmms-mp3 package. You can
get one for FC1 or FC2 from FreshRPMs, DAG, Livna, and probably many
other places.

Regards,

//Andro

--