Re: Hi is there any1 get some help from here

PFJ wrote:
Hi,

Is there any1 who has been helped through this mail service. I have posted my problem twice which was related to TOshiba Satellite Pro Te2000 Modem Driver for Fedora, but nobody has replied yet.

It's not really a FC problem as a lot of internal modems on laptops are
not really modems, but winmodems (a bloody stupid thing whereby the
modem gets the signal and Win does the rest of the work - instead of
letting the modem doing the work and OS doing what it's best at).

It's not just Linux that's affected. I have a Gateway laptop with a winmodem which doesn't even have drivers for Windows (at least not any version of Windows which I'd care to use).

-- Nigel Wade, System Administrator, Space Plasma Physics Group, University of Leicester, Leicester, LE1 7RH, UK E-mail : nmw ion le ac uk Phone : +44 (0)116 2523548, Fax : +44 (0)116 2523555