HOWTO set Environment

Joe Christy joe at eshu.net
Wed Oct 13 16:04:27 UTC 2004

Fellons

   Vis-a-vis your Fedora-list post of 10/12/2004 11:46 PM:
> I try to set, on <userhome>/.bash_profile something like
                               ^^^^^^^^^^^^^
> TEMP=/tmp
> and after boot watch the result with "set" without param, but on list
> of vars env there are not my variable.
> Why ?
> My method are mistaked ?

You should also keep in mind that .bash_profile is only at the start up
of a *login* shell, i.e. a console or remote shell, but when you login
to a windowing environment like gnome or KDE, you have no login shell.
Better to put it in .bashrc, which is read at startup by all interactive
shells.

	Joe