Pimary Sound Card

Remi COLLET liste at famillecollet.com
Wed Oct 13 17:04:52 UTC 2004

Aly Dharshi a écrit :
> I think that you should check to see if you can disable it in your bios
> (the onboard one) or see the contents of /etc/modprobe.conf and maybe
> there is a module being loaded for your sound card (on board) and you
> can disable it there. I would look at the bios first.

If you don't want to disable the first card (my case because it is my
webcam : usb_audio)

For the programs which use alsa with the "default" card, you can change
it in the ~/asound.rc (or /etc/alsa.conf), example :

         pcm.!default {
         type hw
         card 1
         }

         ctl.!default {
         type hw
         card 1
         }

You can also try to modify /usr/share/alsa/alsa.conf, but I think it's
more dangerous...

I've make the following change :
   	defaults.ctl.card 0
	defaults.pcm.card 0
	defaults.ctl.card 1
	defaults.pcm.card 1

And all hw:0,0 to hw:1,0

It's work quite well...
I only kept a error in some soft (mplayer) about /dev/mixer ?

If someone have more explanation...

Cordialy